Xin Jin Shan Chinese Language and Culture School
Dear teachers, students and parents,
In the last two weekends, although the Gate 7 on the senior campus of MWSC has been closed due to the onsite construction work, all the parents and teachers have got through the parking difficulty and teaching and learning activities of the school have not been disrupted. The attendance rate has been remained quite high and there have been no traffic accidents or complaints from residents. Well-done, everyone! I would like to present my sincere appreciation to every member of the community for supporting our school as usual and we would keep on providing high-quality Chinese language learning services to our students.
Today, I would like to talk again about the traffic issues on the senior campus of MWSC.
- We’ve been informed that Gate 7 would be closed for the rest of Term 4 due to the construction work onsite. I’ve checked the traffic condition around the senior campus Monday to Friday. Parents and teachers of MWSC face the same situation of traffic issue and they have demonstrated great patience and respect in driving and parking around the campus. Many parents park their cars 200 metres away from the campus and there has been no issue at all during the 15-minute peak time.
- Most teachers and parents of our school have done well in driving and parking around the campus which has ensured the smooth operation of the school. However, we’ve also noticed some serious traffic jam due to inappropriate parking of some parents and we have campus security camera footage and pictures taken by our admin staff as evidence. I believe they have realized their mistakes after being informed by the school. I hope all the parents could keep on observing the traffic regulations to set a good example for your child/ren.
- We would like to remind you that the traffic supervisors from local city council would patrol the area around the campus and issue infringement notices when needed. Please read the local parking signs carefully to avoid any unnecessary fines.
- To ease the pressure of parking during peak times, we have offered free morning and lunch cares from last weekend. Parents could drop off their child/ren at the Hall on the senior campus at 9am and pick them up from the Hall at 12:45pm. Some parents have done so very well last weekend. small changes can lead to large-scale variation in the future as butterfly effect works. If 100 parents drop-off early or pick-up late, there will be 100 cars less during the peak times.
- We sincerely appreciate parents’ trust for sending their children to our school on weekends. We would keep on revising and improving our services with parents’ feedbacks and suggestions. Let’s work together to get through this short-term difficulty.
I wish you all the best and see you on campus this weekend.
Kevin Hu, Principal
Xin Jin Shan Chinese Language and Culture School is a DET-accredited Child Safe community language school. If you have any concern and suggestions regarding the school’s child safe policy, please feel free to visit https://xjs.vic.edu.au/child-safety/ or call us at 9888 1688 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.