- 从6月20日/21日起至6月29日/ 30日的“亲情中华. 网上夏令营”。我校有超出320多位学生分别报名参加中国侨联举办的广东营、深圳营、福建营、象山营和余姚营活动，有近20位我校老师将作为志愿者，来辅导、帮助学生们做好网上夏令营的各项参营活动；
Xin Jin Shan Chinese Language and Culture School
Dear teachers, students and parents,
This weekend (18/19 June) is the last week of Term 2 and the school holiday starts from 20 June to 15 July. Term 3 starts from 16/17 July.
As there are only 8 weeks in Term 2, the end-of-term test is scheduled on the last week of Term 2 and the school reports would be sent to parents later. Our VCE Year 12 students are expected to have extra classes next week due to Sac requirements. Please refer to the VCE notice for details.
There are a couple of holiday programs during the school holiday, including:
- Online Chinese Culture Camp (20/21 June – 29/30 June). Over 320 students have enrolled in Guangdong Camp, Shenzhen Camp, Fujian Camp, Xiangshan Camp and Yuyao Camp and about 20 volunteer teachers would assist students to participate the camp activities.
- Chinese Culture Camp (27 June – 1 July). About 200 students have enrolled in the event and the experts from Beijing Chinse Language College and XJS volunteer teachers are designing activities for our students making sure they could benefit the most from the event.
- The Chinese Character Chess Competition. 108 students have enrolled in the event, collected the chess and participated the training. The competition would be conducted through a specific APP. I wish them all the best.
- Camellia Cup Overseas Chinese Calligraphy Competition. Our students have participated in the previous competition and obtained excellent results. This year, you are more than welcome to join in and free training would be provided by Chinese calligraphy teachers. For registration, please email us at email@example.com.
We would like to present our sincere appreciation to IVY Cultural Merchandise Pdy Ltd and JRW Property International for their generous support for the events organised by our school.
Before Term 2 comes to an end, I would like to thank all the community members for your great contribution and support to XJS in the time of Covid and flu season. A big thumb to all of you!
I wish you a happy and safe school holiday and take care of yourself and your family members. Let’s see you in Term 3 on 16/17 July.
Kevin Hu, Principal
Xin Jin Shan Chinese Language and Culture School is a Child Safe community language school. If you have any concern and suggestions regarding the school’s child safe policy, please feel free to visit https://xjs.vic.edu.au/child-safety/ or call us at 9888 1688 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.